Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Hardi-Panel Installation: I am self building and I am the

Customer Question

Hardi-Panel Installation:
I am self building and I am the General Contractor.
Signed a contract for completing a Hardi-Panel Installation job. Quoted price $4000.00. Advance paid $2170.00 Contractor did not complete the job on time after giving many excuses.
I fired the contractor. I didn't ask for giving the advance back. Not expecting the money back either. So, I lost $2170.00
Contractor is now threatening to put a lien waiver on the house.
Is there a case for the contractor ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correction. Contractor didn't even start the job. ZERO % completed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon. I'm sorry to hear you're having such problems with that contractor. If he didn't even start the job, and you fired him for breaching the agreement with regard to the time frame, then he owes you $2,170. In addition, he would have absolutely no grounds for filing a lien against your property and if he does, you would have grounds to counterclaim against him on legal theories.I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to have a phone call. How much time do I get for $59 ?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
Minimum 15-20 min.