WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

The same story about the boyfriend evicting myself and my 9

Customer Question

The same story about the boyfriend evicting myself and my 9 year old son.
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We live in PA. We did write up a simple lease last year. He's bipolar and un-medicated. So this came out of left field. He moved in to my house over 4 years ago. Then we moved together to a rental for 2 years. Then I helped him find a house to buy. The only reason I wasn't on the mortgage was because I have a discharged bankruptcy (10/6/12).
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: I have paid my rent faithfully. We pay the utilities out of a joint account. I keep the books. Most of the contents in the house I brought from my former house or I bought with my money. He got rid of a few of my things and replaced with new (the washer, couch, dryer, mattress). Hre has threatened to throw me out on the street.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.
You should file a restraining order against his removing you or your son from the property. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.