CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I did not respond to the CIV-100 / UD-150. What will happen

Customer Question

I did not respond to the CIV-100 / UD-150. What will happen to me? can they show up at my door and make me leave immediately?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.
Dear Customer,The landlord will get a judgment of possession, and they can then have the sheriff forcibly evict you.In most cases, the sheriff will give you a "courtesy notice" a couple of days in advance (this is not required, but most departments do so).However, in order to avoid a forcible eviction, it is in your best interest to simply contact your landlord and make arrangements with them to vacate the unit as quickly possible. (Your landlord will appreciate having you vacate on your own because they will not have to pay the sheriff, and you will benefit because you do not have to worry about the forcible eviction (and eventually being responsible for paying back the landlord)).If you do decide to take this route, be reasonable - the landlord has a right to possession, so plan on vacating the unit promptly, find a storage locker, help from friends or family, or some other means to rapidly vacate the unit so that the property is returned to the landlord without necessitating an eviction.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thank you for your help!
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill