RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

I'm currently working with a bank on a modification to my

Customer Question

I'm currently working with a bank on a modification to my loan. Is it possible they will still foreclose on my house?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 months ago.
It is possible but you need to make sure that your lender contacts and speak with their attorney, if the loan is in default, to advise them to stay the foreclosure proceeding until a decision is made. They should be proceeding in good faith and if so, not be going forward if they are working with you on a modification. If they do, you would then need to file a motion with the court asking the Judge to stay the proceedings until a decision is made or send the matter to mediation, to get an answer.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.