Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Off of my other question, if we know the carpet is going to

Customer Question

Off of my other question, if we know the carpet is going to be replaced, what if I take out the old carpet myself. I think the ammonia smell is making my cats sick.I cannot in my mind get rid of my cats. I have 29 cats. Please don't lecture me, but the landlord don't know, hasn't spoke to me or seen me since I moved in 7 yrs ago. Then I would be liable for new carpet in the whole house? This is old carpet and getting very thin. I know I am in a pickle. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.So you want to know if you can replace the carpet or merely remove the old until the new arrives? And how to you know there will be new carpet? Have you discussed it with your LL?