Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I own 10 acres of land at*****in Minden, La. I

Customer Question

I own 10 acres of land at*****in Minden, La. I let someone live on for approximately 5 years. In the last two years he started contracting with the city of Minden to tear down old houses that had asbestos and lead based paint. I told him he could not dump that on my land. I had him evicted. The sheriff investigators said I could not do anything about it because I had let him live on my land. The State Police said they would do nothing because the Sheriff had jurisdiction. I hired a lawyer but this has been going on over a year. In that time my land has flooded two times. That water flows into Dorcheat bayou. I am a 100 per cent disabled veteran how do I contact the EPA?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Are you being told that you can't sue or take action against this person for dumping asbestos and lead-based paint on your property just because you allowed him to live there?