RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I have a few questions im renting a house. on jan 10th I had

Customer Question

I have a few questions im renting a house. on jan 10th I had found mold in the rental. I asked before moving in if there was mold and was told no. I contacted the manager right away. they didn't come and remove the mold. I ended up doing it myself. they had me give them the receipts for supplies and took that off the rent. I asked for 2500 for all the time and work I have spent on the house. the gutters were backed full of leaves and pine needles which then caused ice to build up and go up the roof. I contacted the manger then to but they didn't come to take care of the problem so I went and removed ice and cleaned gutters. they are trrying to say it was my responsibility to do that kind of maintance. but it was just from when I moved in I moved in in October. they asked me to move out on the 1st of april as lease was up. we had agreed to let me stay tell after school was out in may. but when I asked for the 2500 I got a text that said to pay april rent be out by may 1st. do I have a legal rights. I have pictures from when I moved in the cleaning I had to do, pictures of the mold , pictures of basement after the work I did, I took pictures of the plugged gutters and the ice.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 8 months ago.
Can you please clarify and expand as to the legal rights you are asking about and what exactly you want to know? Is this about staying past the lease agreement and renting month to month?