RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

What are the implications of breaking a real estate sales

Customer Question

What are the implications of breaking a real estate sales contract?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. The other party can sue you for damages suffered. Typically, the contract should have a clause / section that addresses damages and what the party would be entitled to. Ideally, if there is an anticipated breach, you could contact the other party and try and settle this, to avoid being sued but if you are not able to come to a reasonable settlement which they want to accept they could sue for the breach
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!