ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

After I quitclaim deed my interest of property to someone I

Customer Question

After I quitclaim deed my interest of property to someone I thought I could trust outside my family and could family member who still have intetrest in the property quitclaim deed their interest to me
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes. By quitclaiming your interest to the person outside your family (lets call him John), he now has what you used to own. But a family member can quitclaim to you their portion, so you would now own what that family member transferred. Suppose there are three owners. If you transfer your interest to this person outside your family, there are still three owners. One of your family members can give you his/her third, and you would own 1/3 of the property again (but the person outside of the family would still own what you had originally transferred to him/her). Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)
Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?
My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!