Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I signed disclaimer deed today I am married but my husband forced to sign and I did it. n

Customer Question

I signed disclaimer deed today I am married but my husband forced to sign and I did it. now he sent me another paper to sign on it. he wants me to be a co buyer and it says Remaining terms and conditions remain the same
I signed the disclaimer deed too the same.
what does it mean?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he wants to me sign on addendum that's what it is called addendum but first he made me to sign on disclaimer deed? what does it mean
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.What state are you in? What does the deed SAY? Are you agreeing to transfer your interest in the property to your husband? Are you agreeing to transfer it to someone else? It sounds like your husband is asking you to agree that to give up your interest in the first house and buy a second one, but it depends on what the papers say. Usually, a disclaimer deed is used when a married person is transferring property to a spouse or adding a spouse's name to the property. It means that the person who signs it is transferring any interest in land that they have, but they're not PROMISING to have any interest. If a problem with title arises, it's not your responsibility. It's basically an easier way to transfer the property because it doesn't require title searches or title insurance. Those things are time consuming and expensive, so when you're not buying property from a stranger, a lot of people prefer to avoid them.