Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

How soon can my landlord evict me in Utah? My lease is up in

Customer Question

how soon can my landlord evict me in Utah? My lease is up in 3 weeks and I'm afraid that he wont renew it or raise my rent too high
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
If your lease terminates/expires without you moving out, the landlord would have a right to allow you to remain as a month-to-month tenant OR evict you if you don't move out voluntarily. If the lease expires without any action of the landlord, then you'd be entitled to a 15 day notice to vacate. Here's a good link you can read:
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Similarly, your landlord is required to give you a 15 day notice if he plans to increase your rent. Here's a link you can read about that as well:
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
So, your landlord would have to give you notice at least 15 days from the end of the lease if he intends to raise your rent or if he intends for you not to remain in the property after the lease.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!