RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

We received a 24 hour eviction notice from sheriff dept. I

Customer Question

we received a 24 hour eviction notice from sheriff dept. I never received notice of hearing prior to this is there anything i can do to get 30 days before we have to move
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Good evening. Just to be clear, you never knew about the eviction or appeared in court or got served with anything, placing you on notice?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I went to court last month to get more time and the judge thru the case out. He ordered the attorney to work things out and never heard from her since
As in dismissed the case?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just told us to work it out. we left and the lawyer told me he would e mail attorney in charge to call me and i never heard from her
Thank you. At this point, you would need to go to the court first thing tomorrow morning and file an emergency motion to stay the eviction. In the body of the motion, you need to advise the Judge of the history and what happened and how you were never placed on notice. The goal is to show the Judge that the attorney acted in bad faith, you were never contacted to work this out and that they proceeded without you knowing and having the matter decided on the merits. You want to ask the clerk if there is a Judge that can hear it that morning and also you should contact the attorney representing the other party and advise them of the same, so they are on notice and if there is an issue, they could stop the eviction also. If not and you do get evicted and there is wrongdoing, then you would need to go back and sue them for damages
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
another lawler from your service just contacted me and wants my debit number again ?
Nobody should be doing that. Was it customer service?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just says Tina a lawyer
if there is an issue you can contact customer service about payment. If not, then you can respond here and we can finish up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you in Orlando, Fl Orange county or know of someone that is
I am in South Florida. Tomorrow morning, you can contact the florida bar and they have an attorney referral service set up, to help, if you want local counsel. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want a lawyer to go with me tomorrow morning to file motions since i have no idea how to do this and do not want to loose everything i own, I would rather pay a lawyer than have that happen
Then you would need to contact an attorney first thing in the morning and have them appear with you. Legal counsel will and offices typically open around 8-830am