How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 25937
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We received a 24 hour eviction notice from sheriff dept. I

Customer Question

we received a 24 hour eviction notice from sheriff dept. I never received notice of hearing prior to this is there anything i can do to get 30 days before we have to move
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. Just to be clear, you never knew about the eviction or appeared in court or got served with anything, placing you on notice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to court last month to get more time and the judge thru the case out. He ordered the attorney to work things out and never heard from her since
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
As in dismissed the case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just told us to work it out. we left and the lawyer told me he would e mail attorney in charge to call me and i never heard from her
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. At this point, you would need to go to the court first thing tomorrow morning and file an emergency motion to stay the eviction. In the body of the motion, you need to advise the Judge of the history and what happened and how you were never placed on notice. The goal is to show the Judge that the attorney acted in bad faith, you were never contacted to work this out and that they proceeded without you knowing and having the matter decided on the merits. You want to ask the clerk if there is a Judge that can hear it that morning and also you should contact the attorney representing the other party and advise them of the same, so they are on notice and if there is an issue, they could stop the eviction also. If not and you do get evicted and there is wrongdoing, then you would need to go back and sue them for damages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
another lawler from your service just contacted me and wants my debit number again ?
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Nobody should be doing that. Was it customer service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just says Tina a lawyer
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
if there is an issue you can contact customer service about payment. If not, then you can respond here and we can finish up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you in Orlando, Fl Orange county or know of someone that is
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I am in South Florida. Tomorrow morning, you can contact the florida bar and they have an attorney referral service set up, to help, if you want local counsel. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a lawyer to go with me tomorrow morning to file motions since i have no idea how to do this and do not want to loose everything i own, I would rather pay a lawyer than have that happen
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Then you would need to contact an attorney first thing in the morning and have them appear with you. Legal counsel will and offices typically open around 8-830am

Related Real Estate Law Questions