Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Went through a bankruptcy a little over a year ago now we are

Customer Question

went through a bankruptcy a little over a year ago now we are in the process of a foreclosure . my husband hasn't worked in over 3 years due to a fall at work. he is waiting for a settlement from workmans compensation which is going to be a substantial amount of money. in October we found out he has cancer . we were wondering if there is anyone that would give us a mortgage again. we defaulted on the mortgage only because he fell at work an was unable to work due to surgeries. he collects social security right now and I am working under the table cleaning houses. we are hoping there is someone that can help us . thank you Roberta Ferrucci
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Roberta, good evening. Have you spoken with the owner about owner financing or a rent to own option for 6 months?