Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My fiancé died now his daughter is on the deed not the mortgage.

Customer Question

My fiancé died now his daughter is on the deed not the mortgage. I try to finance and she will not answermy attorneys preventing me from financing or selling I have had two attorneys that has cost thousands and nothing has been done. I s this something I can do or check if in fact her name is ***** ***** deed
At a loss in Massachusetts
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..I need to ask a few questions and then I should be able to clear some things up for you...Were you on the deed along with your fiance?.If so were you listed as "joint tenants" or as "tenants in common"?.Is there any equity in the property?..thanksBarrister