Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

How do I report loud dog barking that disrupts the neighbo

Customer Question

How do I report loud dog barking that disrupts the neighborhood?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Generally, barking dogs is covered under a claim of disturbing the peace or a private nuisance, and the owner is generally responsible for the actions of his/her pet. Someone who allows a dog to bark after numerous warnings from police may be charged with disturbing the peace. So, it's likely that you'll have to make a few calls to police for the dog barking in order to make a record that this is an ongoing issue and that the owner doesn't take action to stop it.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
After a few calls to the police, it is likely that the authorities will charge the owner.....but if that doesn't happen, you can actually file charges yourself.