WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Can a board of directors of a Cooperative Mobile Home park

Customer Question

Can a board of directors of a Cooperative Mobile Home park take possession of a mobile home due to visitors not complying with park rules? My sister and her daughter were living with my elderly mother and they refused to allow background checks to be conducted on them which is a park rule. My mother passed away on 2/20/2016. I found out that her park rent hadn't been paid in February, when I went to pay it I was told that the home was being taken by the park and would be autioned off. They refuse to allow me to enter the home to retrieve any of my mothers belongings. I am waiting for the probate judge to sign off on my becoming executor of the estate. Can they do this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
No, they can't take it without going through a judicial foreclosure process, which they would have given you notice of. Moreover, they have no right to prevent you from entering and taking your property out of the space. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
I would further suggest that you pay the park rent ASAP, so that they no longer have any claim that any money is owed, and this will really take the wind out of their sales and make them the "bad guys" and the wrongdoers in this situation. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.