Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I moved in to an apartment complex paid $300.00 non-refundable

Customer Question

i moved in to an apartment complex paid $300.00 non-refundable pet fee new lease arrived now they want $3000 a month and they re keeping my $300.00do we as residents have any action
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon Kathy,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What do you mean a new lease arrived? Did your old lease end?2. How long have you resided there?3. You asked: Do we as residents have any action Please clarify your question.Doug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i lived but other residents are getting the same renewal lease that have been here 6 and 10 years here 18 months can we fight this. i thought if rules change it should be grandfathered in for the people who already paid the $300.00 non- refundable
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry, but I am not understanding what your issue is here. What does this mean? i lived but other residents are getting the same renewal lease What does a lease renewal have to do with your pet deposit? Are you saying that the lease renewal includes a new pet deposit, or a change in the way the pet deposit works? What is it specifically you think should be grandfathered in?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Hi,I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug