Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I moved in to an apartment complex paid $300.00 non-refundable

Customer Question

i moved in to an apartment complex paid $300.00 non-refundable pet fee new lease arrived now they want $3000 a month and they re keeping my $300.00do we as residents have any action
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon Kathy,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What do you mean a new lease arrived? Did your old lease end?2. How long have you resided there?3. You asked: Do we as residents have any action Please clarify your question.Doug
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i lived but other residents are getting the same renewal lease that have been here 6 and 10 years here 18 months can we fight this. i thought if rules change it should be grandfathered in for the people who already paid the $300.00 non- refundable
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry, but I am not understanding what your issue is here. What does this mean? i lived but other residents are getting the same renewal lease What does a lease renewal have to do with your pet deposit? Are you saying that the lease renewal includes a new pet deposit, or a change in the way the pet deposit works? What is it specifically you think should be grandfathered in?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.
Hi,I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug