Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Simple question I cut 6 small branches from my tree at my

Customer Question

Hi simple question I cut 6 small branches from my tree at my condo residence. I was told that this is community property. Will I be fined for this ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.The simple answer is maybe. I know, not all that definitive. But if it doesn't belong to you, it likely belongs to the "development" and in your bylaws there should be something that states who can trim hedges, etc. and what the ramifications are to doing so if you are not permitted to do so. If you are fined I would suggest you argue that those branches "impeded your use and enjoyment of your property" in some way. It's a stretch, since you say it's only a few "small branches." If you are fined, based on the amount you may be able to argue that "the fine is not commensurate with the degree of damage caused by the removal of the branches." I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.