Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

What is the best way to take title of real estate property

Customer Question

What is the best way to take title of real estate property in Minnesota? My husband and I have a revocable trust and want to purchase a townhouse for our adult daughter (we would not live in it). Should we take joint title with all three of our names with right of survivorship; in her name and the trust's name? Or?
She does not have a will so if something were to happen to her, we would like the property to revert back to us. Are there any tax implications in taking title one way or the other?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good evening Shelly. My name is ***** ***** i look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? Are you going to be paying for the property?