Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a home in Blackfoot, ID, in Novemeber 2015 I signed a

Customer Question

I own a home in Blackfoot, ID, in Novemeber 2015 I signed a deed in leu of foreclosure. It has not been closed on as of yet. The deed in leu of foreclosure as of today is still going through the Banks system. In January of 1016 I had a lawyer call me and tell me I could move back in as long as the have not closed on the deed in leu of foreclosure. Today In informed the Bank I was moving back in and they said I couldn't because they have changed the rules and even though the deed of leu of foreclosure is still going through their process I would be trespassing if I moved back in? Is this information the bank telling me true? I can not move back in because the deed of leu of foreclosure was handed over but still not through the banks process?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Has the DIL actually been accepted by the bank and recorded in the local land records office?..thanksBarrister