How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19029
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a sales contract land and with a mobile

Customer Question

Hi! I have had a sales contract for the land and with a mobile home on it for the past 13.5 years. The owner had his lawyer send me a bill trying to say that I owed him 22,000 dollars and wanted payment in full. I responded with a letter of validation to him. I received not validation of debt from the owner or his lawyer. I did receive a letter that he was going to cancel the contract and have it recorded. The next thing I know i get a summons for unlawful detainer. when I go to court I was expecting to be asked about the 22,000 dollars that he said that I owed. instead I was asked about the current months rent and If It had been paid. and to the best of my knowledge, it had beeen paid. Long story short... the check had never cleared and had to be canceled and cash was then given to his lawyer for only partial payment r/t I do not drive and I am disabled. i had to pay for a taxi and to cancel the check, so only partial payment was given. At the next court date a 10 day writ of possession was ordered. To appeal a bond of $1100 was ordered and now today my 10 days are up I have no place to go and have not packed anything. I am a single mother of two and am completely and permantently
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: disabled. what am I can I do? please help!!1
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked for a new placef to live but getting SSDI and having two children I can't afford any of them. They all want a deposit and the price of rent I can not afford either. It will coast me $200 more a month just for rent!
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You need to check with your local legal aid services organization to see if they may be able to get you a local bankruptcy Attorney to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection for you. Once filed, the bankruptcy would suspend the eviction. The owner must then get permission from the bankruptcy in order to proceed with the eviction. However, since there is a Judgment for possession against you, you must pay into the Bankruptcy Court's Clerk's office the rent that would be due on the property within 30 days of the bankruptcy filing. If you are unable to find an Attorney, you can contact the Bankruptcy Court's office in your area about pro se clinic. This is a clinic that helps people who file for bankruptcy cases on their own. Once the bankruptcy case is filed, you would get a paper called Notice of Bankruptcy Case filing. You must give this notice to the owner and owner's Attorney and to the State Court where the Writ of Possession was issued so that the Court would suspend further actions in the case until the disposition of your bankruptcy case or until the owner has received permission from the bankruptcy Court to proceed with the eviction. This may take a month for this to happen after you have filed for bankruptcy protection. Click on the links below to find your bankruptcy Court and bankruptcy forms: Click on the link below to find legal services: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.