Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor

Somebody is tryin to use or steal my identity. What or how

Customer Question

Somebody is tryin to use or steal my identity. What or how can i find out who it is
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

First, contact each of the three major credit bureaus (TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian) and ask them to put a freeze on your credit. They'll establish a password ***** you can use if you want to open new credit, but anyone without that password ***** be denied. Then go to to look for and dispute any unauthorized transactions.

If they're duplicating your social media profiles, report them to the site and ask that those profiles be removed. If they're accessing your email, change all your passwords (not just your email, but all accounts using that password). And in that case, you can file a Complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. You can also contact your local police and file a report.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Thank you.