Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Wounding about Florida encroached properly time limit JA:

Customer Question

Wounding about Florida encroached properly time limit
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Lived here for 9 years then got a survey done for a new driveway and figured out that the neighbors are encroaching on property and have a fence up but it's not on the property line and we figured out that the property goes further into the neighbor's yard and we were wondering what we could do about it and if there is a time limit that we have to do this
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to JA nd thank you for your question. Just to clarify You have lived and owned your property for 9 years. You had a survey performed that revealed that the neighbors are encroaching on land that you own based on the survey. Is that correct? Can you explain this a little more as when customers specify time limits they are generally asking if the neighbor gains the right to use your property over a period of time. we figured out that the property goes further into the neighbor's yard and we were wondering what we could do about it and if there is a time limit that we have to do this
Are you online with me?