Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I'm DW, got a five day notice, made arrangements with landlord

Customer Question

Hi, I'm DW, got a five day notice, made arrangements with landlord for Jan an Feb rent. Paid march rent on time, and received a summons on 3/19. Told judge I did not owe rent and he scheduled bench trial. Should I ask for jury trial? Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Can you tell me what state this is in?.Did you make an agreement in writing with the landlord for any delinquent rent?.Have you been paying on it as agreed?.What is the eviction complaint based on? Jan and Feb rent being delinquent?.Do you have any proof of your agreement with the landlord about that rent?..thanksBarrister