Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

A home is owned by 6 siblings. One sibling wants to buy out

Customer Question

A home is owned by 6 siblings. One sibling wants to buy out the other five for cash and become sole owner, and all siblings agree and price is agreed. How do I legally get this done without incurring a lot of expense? Title is clear, no liens or other complications. thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
HI there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. This is not a complicated situation. The selling siblings simply need to sign a warranty deed transferring their interest in the property to the purchasing siblings. The deed needs to be notarized, and then recorded in the real property records of the county in which the property is located. Once signed and notarized, the selling siblings would deliver it to the buying sibling in return for payment and then the buying sibling would record the deed. That's it! :) Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!