Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I own a house that had a tax lien on it therefore I was told

Customer Question

I own a house that had a tax lien on it therefore I was told that it was going to be foreclosed on. Nobody told me the date.
I sold the house on March 8, 2016.
Then on March 30, I received a letter that the house was foreclosed on as of March 14, 2016. What happens?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. The new owner will have to resolve the lien here.If this was not cleared during the sale it remains valid and attached to the property.Generally when there is a sale with title policy and search the title company will require this be resolved prior to closing. If the buyer here did not use a title company then it is buyer beware and the buyer has to resolve it or it will be foreclosed on.Buyer here has to deal with it and resolve it by paying. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.