Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Just purchased a new build home. The builder is part of the

Customer Question

Just purchased a new build home. The builder is part of the HOA until all the homes are sold. Also the property services management is on the board also. Wanted to make some changes to my front yard and submitted the proper paperwork for the changes. Sent the paperwork to the builder and property services who are both on the board. Was told not to send the paperwork to the members of the board who are the builders, but to only send it to the property services management for approval. My question is can this be done without including the members of the board like the president who is the builder just to get a fair say in the decision making.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.
What is the procedure in the CCRs or bylaws? Does it say that all board members must be notified? Is there any authority in the bylaws for excluding certain board members?