Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.

If u rent a room to someone and they move out and don't take

Customer Question

If u rent a room to someone and they move out and don't take all the stuff and u want to clean the room up to rent it to someone else and the rent they paid is up when can u pack the room up to clean it out with out getting in trouble
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Attorneys on JustAnswer, In Answer to your question, the law requires you to give the renter 30 days written notice to remove all their personal property and inform them that if they fail to do so, you will dispose of it and you will not be liable for any damages. Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating. You have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer, so leaving a Positive rating will not cost you anything additional. But it is necessary in order for JustAnswer to give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding, Kindest regards, ANDREA