WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I am 4 month's behind my mortgage. I was working with the

Customer Question

I am 4 month's behind my mortgage. I was working with the collections department. I told then I acquired all the cash to pay all past due plus current month (third was 3-31 do I was ready to pay April as well)
Called 3-31 to pay by echeck (their option) and also offered to do wire. They told me they could not accept any money because my file was moved to foreclosure depth on 3-30. They said I had to wait a week or so before a lawyer would contact me.
Question is this service company going to file foreclosure even though I offered to pay everything due and all fees?
My brother who loaned me the money thinks if I pay every thing including past due, fees and current payment they will still foreclose. This sends silly that at the first day in court they fill
Will have to tell the judge that I owe them nothing. Zero.
What should I due? I'd like to pay now so foreclosure does not appear on my record. And going into foreclosure will add lawyer fees and who knows what else.
Thanks Daniel
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.
Danel: I suggest that you pay everything owed immediately, and get a receipt. If the bank has branches, go into the branch and make a payment, otherwise submit it by certified mail--express mail so that they get it on Monday morning and have to sign a receipt. That way if they try to foreclose, you can show the receipt that shows that you paid in full and they will look like fools and have to retract any kind of move towards foreclosure. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you both. I wish you all the best.D
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. good luck to you. I wish you all the best
Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.