WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.

Tell me what to do next!! I have a slum lord landlord. I am being harassed by my

Customer Question

Tell me what to do next!!
I have a slum lord for a landlord. I am being harassed by my neighbor. This afternoon I called the sheriff about the harassment. I want out!! My landlord thinks I am a dolt. I am actually a retired college professor with 2 doctorates. I don't talk about that.
The landlord will not do basic maintenance as required by law. I am not going to pay my April rent -- per state law 33-165 -- because some of the offenses are contrary to safety and health. I could go pro se -- but I do not have the right legal background.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 6 months ago.
I suggest that you send a notice of breach to the landlord, stating that the landlord is in breach and you hereby terminate the lease agreement. Then you can move out, since the landlord is in breach, and you will be entitled to a full deposit refund, Professor. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you both. I wish you all the best.