Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

If a developer puts a sewer line across my property that requires

Customer Question

If a developer puts a sewer line across my property that requires cutting down trees do I get compensation for loss of the trees?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. Yes you would be entitled to compensation if there is no utility easement.If they made use of your property here without such an easement you would be entitled to compensation not only for the trees but the loss of use of your property.They would have no legal right to do this if there was not an easement.You may consider a lawyer here locally to send demand letter for compensation for the use of the property and loss of trees. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.
You can find a local lawyer here to pursue this matter for compensation you are owed here including legal fees. http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/real-estate-law/arkansas