Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

MY QUESTION IS THAT,I LIVE ON A WILDLIFE CONSERVATION AREA,MY

Customer Question

MY QUESTION IS THAT,I LIVE ON A WILDLIFE CONSERVATION AREA,MY BACKYARD IS CONSIST OF DIFFERENT KIND OF ANIMALS.MY QUESTIONS IS :WHY IS HOA,CARES IF WE AS A GOOD CITIZEN, THAT DOESNT EVEN BOTHER OUR NEIGHBORS AND LIVING PEACEFULLY, AND THEN, SUDDENLY, WE RECEIVED A DISTURBING LETTER FROM THE HOA, NOT TO FEED THE DUCKS THAT LIVES SURROUNDS OUR PROPERTIES OR FERREL CATS OR EVEN THE RACCOONS.WE TRANSFER FROM OTHER STATES TO FLORIDA,AND QUITE FRANKLY,WE HAVENT EXPERIENCED SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM HOA.WE NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS TO ANY PLACE WE MOVED INTO.MY HUSBAND IS A RETIRED OFFICER IN THE USNAVY FOR 29 YEARS,STILL WORKING FOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACT AND IS AWAY OR WORK OUT OF THE COUNTRY.IN OTHER WORD,I'M LIVING ALONE ON MY HOME AND I'M EVEN HAVE A MEDICAL PROBLEMS,LIKE ANXIETY.AND THIS IS THE LAST THING I WANNA HAVE FROM THE SO CALLED HOA,EACH TIME THEY SEND US CIRCULARS IN THE MAIL ARE NOT ALWAYS A PLEASANT ONE NOR EITHER, AT ELAST A COMPLIMENT OR ANY GET TOGETHER TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER.THEY ALWAYS SEND US ALL THESE FRIGHTENING LETTERS,WHY DO WE HAVE TO BUY A PROPERTY AND WE DONT HAVE RIGHT TO DO ANYTHING BEYOND OUR PROPERTY LINEAND WE AS A GOOD CITIZEN NEVER COMMITTED ANY CRIME,AND WE ARE A TARGET OF THREAT BY HOA?WHAT IS OUR RIGHT,THEN?WE CANNOT EVEN ALLOW TO MAKE OUR DOG,EVEN THE LITTLEST ONE TO BARK?:(
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.
MY QUESTIONS IS :WHY IS HOA,CARES IF WE AS A GOOD CITIZEN, THAT DOESNT EVEN BOTHER OUR NEIGHBORS AND LIVING PEACEFULLY, AND THEN, SUDDENLY, WE RECEIVED A DISTURBING LETTER FROM THE HOA, NOT TO FEED THE DUCKS THAT LIVES SURROUNDS OUR PROPERTIES OR FERREL CATS OR EVEN THE RACCOONS. ANSWER: I understand how you feel. You sound like a very good and caring person and an animal lover. However, HOAs have to abide by certain covenants, conditions, and restrictions that govern the operation of the living community as a whole. The first thing to do here is to get a copy of those regulations and see if they prohibit the conduct that is being addressed in the letter. If they do, then the HOA has to apply the law evenly to everyone and cannot do it selectively. If there is nothing in the regulations addressing these matters and the board has not adopted any resolutions regarding the feeding of wildlife, then the letter is without legal basis until it does. Nevertheless, it is probably in your best interest and in the interest of the wildlife to stay independent due to over population concerns.