Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

The city of Merrillville has storm water draing into my sewer

Customer Question

The city of Merrillville has storm water draing into my sewer which is illegal and a health hazard there is also some kind of pipe on our sidewalk that shouldn't be there the storm water has flooded my basement 3 times since I moved here in sept of 2015 I know this is a good case I just need help proving what I am saying cause storm water and sewer water should not be mixing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
You would need to hire an environmental engineer to review the issue for you, or better yet, contact the City's public works department to come and inspect it and correct the issue. Goodluck with your case, Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.