Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

I had a contract ,000 with closing cost of 2,000.

Customer Question

I had a contract for 102,000 with closing cost of 2,000. When the in the inspection came buyer stated that he needed an additional 1,000 because of dissatisfaction of home inspection.. Appraisal came back at 90,000. Buyer offer to pay 90,000 plus 3000 closing. I countered and made a final purchase offer of 90,000 and no closing cost.
Imade most of the repairs in good faith. Buyer agreed and signed counter. Now that I am not offering to pay any part the closing, is this ok? He never asked me to pay for repairs .
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you . The sales contract and any addendums here control.If the buyer here agreed and signed the contract then the terms control.You are not required to do anything but what is set out here.It sounds like you have done that and some repairs here in lieu of closing costs.I do not see a problem.The sales contract and any amendments control and would protect you from any breach by the buyer. You have complied here with the terms of the contract.The buyer will have to do likewise and close the deal otherwise the buyer is in breach.You would be able to sue for breach of contract if the buyer doesn't close and carry out what they agreed too. I appreciate the chance to help tonight, good luck with closing here.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.