Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

After divorce the family home was lost to foreclosure (or so

Customer Question

After divorce the family home was lost to foreclosure (or so I was told) Select Portfolio has never foreclosed in 3 years and has had 2 sale dates. My credit is suffering and it is drawing out so long that I can't even count how long it will be on there - because they still have not followed through
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to know how the mortgage company can get away with not following through on the foreclosure for 3+ years and changing the sale date 3 times. By the time they actually foreclose (if they ever do) it will be not only 10 years on my credit - but all these years before they actually take action. The house has been empty for years and I just want to get it overwith. (we had at least $40,000 in equity at the time) but an abandoned house has been dropping in value