Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My neighbor and I share a driveway that straddles our common

Customer Question

My neighbor and I share a driveway that straddles our common property line. We want to formalize this sharing by filing a Reciprocal Easement Agreement with San Diego county. After doing much research, I wrote up the easement agreement myself but would like to have an expert knowledgeable in easements to review it for errors and omissions before filing it.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and the California and National Association of Realtors.

I would be happy to review, edit, or draft entirely from scratch, your proposed easement grant. However, it is unlawful for me to do this work online at Justanswer, because what you are requesting is a bona fide legal service, which is prohibited both by Justanswer policies, as well as by the State Bar Rules of Professional Conduct.

I will send you a premium services invitation, which you may accept or decline at your convenience. Please note that customary legal services fees will apply. If you accept the invitation, and we cannot reach agreement on the terms and conditions of my services, then the website will refund your payment for this question in full.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not really looking for regular legal service. If I want a lawyer, I would seek one in my neighborhood so I can be face to face with him. I only want an expert opinion on the easement agreement I wrote. But apparently such service is not available through Justanswer.com, although avvo.com offers such service for limited types of legal documents. So I would like to terminate this case, but this website does not allow me to do so.

Avvo document review starts at $199. And, all you're getting is a review. Also, there is considerable dispute in the legal profession that the new Avvo service is actually illegal on several different levels.

Anyway, I'll send your request to customer service and the question will automatically close. If you change your mind, you can ask customer service to reopen the question, and we can continue where we left off.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!