Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm trying to find out if I can sell my property in Vermont

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out if I can sell my property in Vermont before I file divorce paperwork, my husband has indicated he does not want any of the Real Estate. Do I have to wait to file papers with the Court and have our divorce settled before I can sell?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please tell me:

1) Did you purchase this property before or after being married? If after being married (i.e. once the marriage happened), then was the purchase made with money gifted to you, or inherited by you?

2) Whose name is ***** ***** property - yours only or both of you?