Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

I need a VA state exemption code quit claim deed, There are

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm Jorge. I need a VA state exemption code for a quit claim deed
JA: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: There are three registered owner of a property. One of them served just as a co-signer to help the couple qualify for the loan.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Real Estate Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Now, they need to remove the third person from the title
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

VA's exemption code for conveyances may be found in § 58.1-811. However you wrongly assume that quitclaims are subject to the tax exception. They are not. See yourself HERE. While the taxes is a lot less (and is set at county level that records the deed), quitclaim deeds are not exempt from taxation. However, they are normally very low and depending on the situation, normally only run very minimal. If you tell me what state this is in, I can tell you what the taxes would be.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is In Loudoun County, Virginia
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

Quit Claim Deed - $43.00 for 1 to 10 pages. Includes clerks fee, library fee, tech fee, open space fee, deed-processing fee, transfer fee. Add the following calculated taxes and fees (unless exempt):

• Grantor Tax ($0.50 per $500, rounded to the highest $500)
  • RCR Fee ($0.15 per $100 rounded to the highest $100)
  • State Grantee Tax ($0.25 per $100 rounded to the highest $100)
  • County Grantee Tax (One-third of the state grantee tax amount)

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!