socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)

GREETINGS, I purchased a water front lot in a residential

Customer Question

I purchased a water front lot in a residential subdivision in 1993. At the time the subdivision was a nice quiet residential low traffic area. Since we have had two floods that destroyed some homes that the county turned the lots into parks, an outdoor concert venue was constructed right across my lot and the area turned into a much publicized, tourist river tubing area where all the tubers exit at the river bank of my lot.
On the other side of the lot two large tube rental outfits were established as well as a restaurant. On the other side of the road a very popular barbecue place with outdoor live band that plays 6 days a week. Also there are several homes that are advertised as short term vacation rentals that are located in my subdivision. Also, there are several empty lots in the subdivision that were converted to commercial parking to accommodate customers of the river tube outfitters, outdoor concert hall and restaurants.
The lot is no longer conducive for me to build a retirement home to live out my days in quiet peaceful enjoyment.
My question is am legally free to build a home to rent as a vacation rental on this lot and rent for short and long term rental?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 months ago.

Assuming that your lot is zoned residential, and you are intending only to rent to one or family at a time (rather than as a bed and breakfast), then there would be no prohibition on your renting the property for vacation purposes.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!