Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Is there a charge question? so you will have my credit card

Customer Question

is there a charge for a question?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Real Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: so you will have my credit card info -- I'm not really comfortable with that. is there an alternative, perhaps by check?
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: my tenant did not tell me where she was moving to..on inspection, it was found that her cats had ruined 2 floors. I paid $2310 for new floors. Unfortunately I didn't know I had to inform her by certified mail. Instead, I emailed her lawyer, who responded. Now the lawyer says I missed the 30 day limit and am required to pay the security deposit plus interest ($1175). Does the fact I didn't send an itemized list by 30 days via certified or registered mail invalidate my claim to the $2310?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: only that this tenant has been litigious since she moved in. Instead of asking for repairs, she informed me through an atty. I made every repair and upgrade she asked for
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Can you tell me what state this is in?