socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

How should a owner wait answer towards a hoa fee when owner

Customer Question

How long should a owner wait for an answer towards a hoa fee when owner sent a certified letter about the diverence from last quarter hoa to this quarters hoa?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

There is nothing in Florida law that requires a response to your letter within a certain time period. If you really want an answer to your questions, then you need to ask the property manager, and the board president, in the same letter to please place your question on the agenda for the next board meeting, so that the issue can be discussed and action taken, if required.

Once you have that board meeting, if nothing is done to your satisfaction, then you would need to determine if the board is in violation of the declaration of covenants or bylaws of the association, and if so, then you can sue the board in court. You can also try to get a signed petition of other homeowners who want the same answers that you are asking. The greater the number of members who complain, the more likely your questions will be answered, and action taken -- because if there are enough complaints, then the board members will know that they may be voted out of office at the next election.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!