Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Loren, You had answered a legal question several months ago

Customer Question

Loren,
You had answered a legal question for me several months ago with regards ***** ***** we were given to connect two parking lots. As of April 1st we will have to start paying the property owner $400 per month for the access. It is on a month to month basis, but I want an agreement that as long as I lease my current warehouse and pay the fee the owner of the other property can't just decide to break that deal and block me out to the access. Can you put a simple agreement document together for this purpose?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately, that would constitute representation, which is a violation of state bar regs. If you need a lease amendment you should retain local counsel to ensure your rights are protected.
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.  The attorneys are all peer rated.  So, they represent the top of the profession.