How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 30851
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wayne County Michigan, I am the sole owner of my home, wife

Customer Question

Wayne County Michigan, I am the sole owner of my home, wife deceased 5 years ago.
Remarried and want to put my wife, as Joint Tenacy, on the deed. I filled out a quitclaim deed and it was rejected, no explanation, since they can't give legal advice. Would you walk me through this form to make the necessary corrections.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
Did they say if something was missing or if the form was the wrong form...can you upload what you tried to record?
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
They do bot have to give legal advice to tell you why it is rejected.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Attached is the Quitclaim, I asked them to review the form without the requisite signatures.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry, they did not tell me that it was the wrong form only that it was not correct and they couldn't process it.
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
Do you have a copy of the rejected deed that you filled out so I could inspect it?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
You might need this, I referenced the Transfer Tax Exemptions for Wayne County, per "Consideration"
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
The consideration should just state: "ten dollars and other good and valuable consideration".
The grant langauge is: "***** *****, a married man, to ***** ***** and ***** *****, husband and wife, as joint tenants with right of survivorship and not as tenants in common"
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.
Are you still online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Related Real Estate Law Questions