Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am the Vice president of the board of directors at a condo

Customer Question

I am the Vice president of the board of directors at a condo association in South Florida. It is a five member board. Two of the members the president and treasurer approved a contract to redo atriums in 6 buildings. The full board did not vote on this expenditure and there was no disclosure to the contractor the price or if it was even in the budget to spend.
I found out when the contractors began doing work that this project had been started.
What recourse or action can I take?
Thanks,
Tony
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What do your Bylaws state about what is required to approve a contract to have work done regarding any vote?

.

Does the matter have to come before the full Board or can it pass by an informal majority vote?

.

What do you mean that "there was no disclosure to the contractor the price .."? The contractor didn't know what he was being paid for the work?

.

.

thanks