Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My lease is up and my landlord wants to put a provision on

Customer Question

My lease is up and my landlord wants to put a provision on the renewal that says I have to pay for professional carpet cleaning. I said I did not agree to extra move out expenses that were not included when I moved in. Now he has given me a notice to move out in 30 days. Can he evict me in only 30 days?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

How long have you been a tenant at this property?

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

If your lease has expired, you should be considered a month to month tenant.....and in that case, your landlord is only required to give you a 30 day notice (from the date your next rent payment is due) to vacate the property. Here's a link to the law: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PR/htm/PR.91.htm