Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have a noisy next door neighbor. We live in single

Customer Question

I have a noisy next door neighbor. We live in single apartments and he constantly has two-three television programs on all night long. The owner before he passed away sent him two letters to stop playing them so loud after I move in in 2/13 and his last letter in 5/2013 said that again, this tenant (me) was complaining about the noise and this was the reason that practically every tenant had moved out and that he had sent my neighbor several letters to that effect. He also said that he would have to evict him if the behaviour continued. The owner passed away shortly thereafter and the property was inheirited by his daughter who has a management company handling the property. I have written letters since 2013 to the owner and the management companies and nothing has been done.Is there anything that can be done?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do you live in a major city?

Do you know if the city has a noise code?

Did you measure the noise in decibels by using a device to measure noise / sound?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not a response. I want my money back. ***** ****- Cancel everything and anything to do with this service. ***** ****

I did not respond to your question with an answer, but simply asked you to provide me with an additional information so I can determine which steps you have taken yet.

Please let me know if you want me to continue answering your question and if not, I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you.