Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years

Does a partial payment before the forclosure date of sale

Customer Question

Does a partial payment before the forclosure date of sale constitute a the forclosure be re set for a later date
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

If the lender accepts the payment, then that could serve as a means of defeating a foreclosure action because the borrower can then claim that the amount the lender is claiming that is due is not correct on the documentation so they are proceeding under incorrect documentation.

That is why most lenders refuse to accept any further payments once they decide to foreclose and return them to the borrower if they send them in..