Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry for your predicament. You need to think about the following issues in defending this lawsuit:
1. Whether the Association did an Incorrect Accounting or Overstated Charges
2. whether Association failed to Follow the Assessment Lien Foreclosure Statutes
3. whether the Assessment is Not Authorized by the Governing Documents
4. was there a Misapplication of Payments
5. was there an improper Recording of the Assessment Lien
Consult an attorney with Community Association experience to protect your interests.
As far as selling your condo, this can still be accomplished, however, the lien would have to be satisfied by the proceeds of the sale.