WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

No, He is raising the rent from $3450 to $4500 in April. Can

Customer Question

No, He is raising the rent from $3450 to $4500 in April for rent. Can he do this ? There is no way it will rent with that increase. Am I responsible for $3450 until June 30th when I lease expires?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

He can't raise the rent during the term of the lease, unless the lease specifically allows for such an increase, which would be highly unusual. Check your lease. I doubt it permits that kind of increase. If he does try to increase, then he is in breach of the lease, and you have the right to move out and collect damages for him for any higher amount of rent that you have to pay in your new place.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. You should accept both this and the first question you asked, so they don't remain open and outstanding. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** need to input the rating.

Please rate 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. good luck to you. I wish you all the best