WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I have a lease until the end of June for $3450 monthly. Can

Customer Question

I have a lease until the end of June for $3450 monthly. Can the landlord raise the rent to $4500 while under my lease? It will never rent for that amount.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.

No, he can't change the amount of rent during the term of the lease. At the end of the lease, unless you are in a city with rent control, such as San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Monica etc., he can raise it at the end of the lease, but you have a choice of whether to renew or not. But you are entitled to pay no increase through June 30, 2016, under California law.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Now, please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. good luck to you. I wish you all the best